Went searching for strawberries and found raspberries as well! I finally realised, that when picking strawberries you need to go around all sides of the patch and over the top, they hide, found a huge one under a big leaf...these will help Ruben with his recovery for sure.
The joyful husband worked at a restaurant doing some renovations. At 12, he was rewarded with the most sumptuous lunch, of white asparagus on a minted pea sauce, with rolled smoked salmon in the middle
, sitting on a mound of pureed asparagus and cream, sprinkled with fresh dill...and that was only entree! It was mouthwatering just listening to his descriptive words.
My days are quiet and thoughtful at the moment, and my time is spent feeding and loving my family. Its peaceful to keep life simple, it is a lovely lesson to learn, whilst basking in the afternoon sun eating strawberries.
I love simple, too. My life is rather rushed, even though at 58 I'd prefer to slow down, and should. I was hoping for a slow summer, but such is not the case. Your world is nothing short of idyllic and Stella has a sweet smile.
ReplyDeleteLiz