Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Feet on the ground......






















A cosy fire to warm our fingers after being outdoors enjoying the warmth of the sun, on a day when the temperature did not reach double figures. Time spent together in the vegie garden....Stella collecting sunflower seeds for the chickens, Ruben picking snow peas and climbing nearby trees, Sam picking a bucket of green tomatoes that are beyond ripening, and myself finding hidden courgettes and pumpkins.
The afternoon ended with a bicycle ride down the nearby lane in the last rays of sunlight, casting long shadows of trees on freshly ploughed fields.....two fighter jets zooming past, creating an air of excitement....and mushrooms found in the lush green grass.
Lovely to have our feet on the ground and finding our cosiness in the house once again.







1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, it looks absolutely beautiful where you live!

    I'm in the middle of getting my pumpkins and autumn crop started in seed boxes now, hopefully by the end of Summer we'll be doing what you're doing now! As it is, I'm waiting on the first of my peas and I got a few very young broad beans this morning.

    ReplyDelete