Well this is the first Christmas we have had in the winter...and I love it. There seems to be more magic about the darkness surrounding the festive season.....I made an advent wreath with a friend today, and this week we light one candle, the next week we light two, the third week is 3 and the week before christmas all four are lit as the darkness comes in earlier and earlier. The children and I also decorated our tree with some borrowed christmas decorations whilst singing christmas carols.... and before bed we found some oranges and decorated with cloves making our whole house smell just wonderful......and the story for the week is the "The shoemaker and the elves", reminding us about love and kindness in the weeks leading to christmas.
Sam is away for a couple of days working, but when he arrives home to the smell of oranges and cloves and the beautiful decorations..his soul will be full of love and gratitude for his lovely family Im sure.............
No comments:
Post a Comment