Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Writing a list........

Spent the afternoon stacking wood with some friends for winter time...felt wonderful to be helping this family knowing we were keeping them warm in their home when the snow falls again.
Whilst sitting under a fig tree, drinking an icy cold raisin juice, there was talk of ticking things of their list....this is a family of 4 children, and two wwoofers, and a big farm, house renovations, and camping next week...so you can imagine the busyness of their days.
And I felt a bit envious, and in great need of a list again in my life....I used to be a big list writer, and would love to cross things off, but that was a long time ago, before children. But I am sure my list would be completely different now..it would definitely involve so much more from the garden, animals, family life, being creative, bottling for winter, chopping wood, cooking, walking, dinner parties, working bees, nature..............
I think my life is too simple at the moment..which is good for clarification of thoughts and ideas...but I'm missing the goodness your heart feels when stocking up for winter with bottled fruit, tomato sauce and hand knitted accessories..and the happiness that comes with giving the donkeys some hay at night and putting a blanket over them, or feeding the chickens some scraps and making sure they are cosy and safe in their house, but lots more of this goodness, I am doing a bit, but not enough to satisfy my energy and love.
I feel inspired to make it happen upon returning to Tasmania, somehow, somewhere......

1 comment:

  1. You have that nesting instinct going on here...or perhaps homesickness. Whichever it is, or perhaps it is both, do something to indulge it once in a while to satisfy that yearning. I bet your family will love you for it.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete