Woke up to a chilly morning, but the sun was shining, with a crisp air as I went to wake up the chickens. I have been enjoying a freshly made coffee first thing in the morning, and the last week has seen the school bus driver drop in for one as well, before starting his school run....he is working with Sam also, so they often have a 10 minute chat about the days work before he wanders down the hilly slope to his bus......
Stella is loving school, and is contented and happy after a full day 9-445 Mon, Tue, Thu and Fri, Wednesday is no school! She especially loves her 3 course meals, and showed us tonight how she helps stack the plates and set the table....it is great the children learn to sit and eat for an hour, then they play for an hour..2 hours for lunch, it is very French!
We drove past the school and saw Stella drawing with some friends in a shady corner of the playground, I felt a great sigh of relief to see her playing happily...and I could sense a growing up of my little girl, who has been so close to me for the last 6 years, but I am slowly letting go and I can see her flourishing and growing so strong and with much grace.
We visited some friends later in the day who have just uncovered some old machinery used in the fields, we imagined the strong horses ploughing up the paddocks and Ruben loved to sit on the old machines, we also took home some lovely antique french made plates they found in one of the attics.....Alot of the French farmhouses that are bought , also contain furniture, wardrobes full of clothes, books, kitchen accesorries, and sheds full of stuff! In this area many of the young people have moved on to Paris or beyond, so when the parents pass away, they just sell the house as is, because they are not interested in going through all the belongings...amazing!
So glad Stella is enjoying school. Children love to learn and love to socialize, she will do well. I can't imagine the fun of going through a barn full of stuff!!! Oh, my good gravy, what fun!!!! Whether America or France, it would be an afternoon of pleasure for this old junker!
ReplyDeleteLiz
I have been lurking for a little while, enjoying your posts very much. Todays post caught my attention. I'm dumbstruck about the houses. It would be my hearts desire to buy a house with much of it's history in tact. Maybe because here in the US our history is so much shorter.
ReplyDeleteI enjoy your posts, you make the french countryside come alive