Wednesday, September 29, 2010

We have eggs.......






There is no school on a Wednesday, so we often have a home day, and dont drive anywhere or visit anyone.....we just hang out, stay in pyjamas, read many books, and the children play very well on these days, very contented...and I often clean my house, have a long hot shower to shave the legs and wash the hair, make a cake(we have boxes of apples, so today was apple spice cake)mow the lawn, refill the vases with fresh flowers, have an extra long rest after lunch, and air the bedding...and the weather today was just beautiful, no wind, and lots of sun to warm us up.

Also the chickens started laying eggs today! After 6 weeks of nothing, there were two dark brown eggs in the nest this afternoon, the children and I shouted and danced around with joy, and we put them away for breakfast tomorrow.

Our last visitor left this morning, was lovely spending quality time with family and friends, and to share our home with them. We are now feeling excited about coming home, but also sad about leaving the good friends we have made here....it has been a wondorous journey full of challenges and insights for ourselves and the family and I feel a renewed energy for our life back home, wherever that may be, and creating a harmonious dwelling for us to watch the seasons pass by.....and remembering to show gratitude towards each other and many hugs!!

4 comments:

  1. You're going home?!! I am excited for you, because I have felt from many of your posts that you miss your home and family and dear friends. Your blog has been so delightful to read and I have so enjoyed following your daily life in France. I am hoping that when you do make the move, please keep the blog going.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wanted to have four seasons living in the South of France,maybe we could of stayed for longer??? But we are heading home, not for another few months yet, we will leave the depths of winter and return to the sunshine of Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to touch base with your lovely days and moments... the children so well and happy... shall be able to keep in touch better now.. lots of love moniquexx

    ReplyDelete