How good is it, when Dad decides to stay at home for the whole day.....no work, no social committments, no drives to the hardware! The children and I love it, as there is mowing to be done, tools fixed, shared afternoon tea, and lots of jokes and laughs. And the Mother loves it, because I can make dinner in silence, I can go for a walk whenever I like, and I love to see my children with there Dad, and how much he adores them.
We have a huge strawberry patch here, and are picking big containers each day, and they are delicious. We have been eating them fresh, decorating cakes, with yogurt, and maybe will make some jam.
How nice to have Dad for a day! Children bask in their father's attention, they just crave a male's sturdy kind of love. In all the years I taught school, I noticed that the male teachers were the most popular, especially as our culture turned to a less conventional family unit where only one parent (usually the mother) raised a family instead of two. As more and more little ones were deprived of a dad, their needs were met by the wonderful male teachers at school. Cherish these wonderful moments with your children and their father!
ReplyDeleteLiz
Amanda I have my blog up and running. Dont know how to put on photos yet but am learning more each day. I had my kitchen inpection today and I think it went OK but there is still a lot of red-tape to get through. Blog address is ourplaceonthetamer.blogspot.com check it out and you could become my first follower.
ReplyDelete